Battlefields Park mobile app launched My Mobile Plains: An interactive map and so much more
June 19, 2014
This morning the National Battlefields Commission launched My Mobile Plains at the Discovery Pavilion of the Plains of Abraham. The new free mobile app, available in both English and French for multiple platforms, brings together technology and history to enhance the park user experience. Of particular note is the information-rich interactive map of the park featuring close to 200 points of interest. Clicking on these points brings users to a range of augmented reality features, games, videos, stories, and a wealth of photographs—content that will be updated on a continuous basis.
• What’s the goal of this innovative, user-friendly new app? To help everyone learn all about the Battlefields Park, from its natural and cultural heritage and history to the services offered, using a unique, and accurately scaled, interactive map. The app will help park users find their way around and discover the many attractions, rich history, and amenities of Canada’s first national historic park, better known simply as the Plains of Abraham.
• This powerful, user-friendly app features geolocation technology to help park visitors locate 200 points of interest and explore important historic sites as they travel back in time through augmented reality and enjoy interactive games, stories, archival photos, and more. My Mobile Plains is a one-of-a-kind, action-packed experience—the perfect tool for delving into the many fascinating facets of park history. Learning was never this fun!
• Geolocation technology significantly enhances the user experience, displaying features in 30 categories (e.g., artillery, monuments, built heritage, exhibitions, etc.) as well as the main services nearby (washrooms, drinking fountains, access points, parking, etc.). Users can choose to navigate in either map or list mode.
• The app can also be used, free of charge, on large touch screens at the Discovery Pavilion of the Plains of Abraham. Tablets will be available for rental for just $7.
• The National Battlefields Commission has identified new technologies as a powerful way to showcase both the services it offers and the heritage of Battlefields Park, which includes both the Plains of Abraham and Des Braves Park.
• The app is a free download for tablets and smartphones (mobile website):
• My Mobile Plains was created by Magnétik Studio, which was awarded the tender in July 2013.
For information on tablet rentals contact the Discovery Pavilion of the Plains of Abraham: 835 avenue Wilfrid-Laurier Avenue, Level 0, Québec, Quebec G1R 2L3, firstname.lastname@example.org, 418-649-6157.
Follow us: www.theplainsofabraham.ca